My brother recently got his Ls - and now I can reciprocate all the snide remarks he made about my poor driving skills when we're in the car and HE's driving. Incidentally, he went out for a spin with my dad and apparently almost ran down a dog. I like to think that he was going to sacrifice the dog to the gods of driving in return for great driving skills. Maybe so he can pull some Initial D style drifting shit or something.
My household has gone wireless, as my dad bought the necessary equipment for it all - unfortunately, it's proving a devil to configure for security and for the best placement so all three computers wireless'ed up get the best reception. My room, where I wanted to put it originally, doesn't have enough strength. The computer room is a little better, but when I get my hands on a laptop again, it's gonna cause problems when I want to browse the Net in my room.
With the beginning of the new semester, I'm once again reminded of my New Years' four goals (in no particular order) :
1) Better grades (Dinstinction to High Distinction average)
2) Get into shape (Get down from about 85-90 kg to 75-78kg)
3) Financial Independence (change over from my current job to another one where my parents AREN'T my boss - yes, nepotism got me my current job)
4) Get a girlfriend (it's amazing what games can do to you - I was trying out some Japanese dating sim type games for the hell of it, and after finishing it, I had this sudden craving for companionship of the female kind)
Sadly, I seem to be failing on all fronts. Especially with the atrocious marks last semester, my seeming to have gained weight during the year instead of losing it, and I am nowhere near getting a girlfriend than I was at the beginning of the year. Watching Bridget Jones' Diary on Friday night served only to exacerbate the feelings of loneliness and craving for companionship.
Speaking of aspirations, one thing I want to do is travel to and live in Japan for a period of time. It'd be interesting, I think. I wonder if there is some sort of exchange program between Uni SA and somewhere in Japan, or something like the JET program, especially after reading the hilarious diaries of one fellow who's over in Japan teaching English: http://www.outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html. I think perhaps that the second half of next year (gods willing, I pass everything this semester with flying colours), I might take up Japanese formally. I've always been meaning to do it, and I have a very basic command of the language (it's like my German, I can say only a basic type of sentence - "
No comments:
Post a Comment