Gundam SEED Destiny has finished! And after watching the end, I say, "Goddamit, pandering to fans has made it the WORST Gundam series in history. Even worse than Wing." The show started off great, but then started pandering to the fans, turning it into a super-robot show of the highest degree. Of course, nothing wrong with that, except the plot. It had some of the most underdeveloped characters I have ever seen, and the ending didn't really resolve anything.
I managed to get out a bit this last week. Wednesday, I went with my friends to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The movie in itself was good, but we had more fun afterwards. One of my friends has become quite the socialite, and so he's been getting called a lot, as well as making many of his own. And turns out he was SMS'ed during the movie. He told us it was a girl who asked him to be her boyfriend, and then picked someone else. So I launched into a rant that she never intended to be his girlfriend, that he was a nice guy like the rest of my friends and that he'd always be emotional support, the shoulder to cry on. He looks me right on the eye, and then tells me *shock horror* she decided he was a better pick. Made me shut right up.
Friday night was the night of the Blue and White, the high-school social at my old high-school. I had agreed to pick my brother, his friends and their dates up from the after-party, at 2-3am no less. So I sit there until about 2:30am just browsing the internet, until my mobile rang. It's my brother, asking me to pick him up at 3:30am. So he rings back up again at 3am and asks me to go pick him up. When I do pick em up, most of his friends are smashed out of their wits. And for some stupid reason, the most intoxicated one jumps in the car first, taking up two seats and forcing me to make a second trip back to the after-party house to pick up the rest of his friends. In addition to that, I didn't even need to drop him off at all.
In fact, the first trip seemed to be more about dropping off the girls, because all of the guys were dropped off at one place in the end. So I end up driving all around Adelaide, starting with Gouger street in the city, making a stopoff at Victoria square because said smashed guy needed to go for a whiz. At first, he wasn't too keen on the idea of going to a toilet frequented by hobos and bull queers at 4am in the morning, but his bladder didn't give him a choice. So after a bit of dangerous driving around Victoria Square (looking for a place to park and let him off), I drive off, leaving him behind and dropping off one of the girls. Drive back, and what do you know, he's vanished. I half-hoped that he'd been taken by a bull-queer hanging around Victora Square, but that didn't happen. He wandered off after finishing his business and tried to find us, hoping it was either a nightmare or a cruel joke. It was the latter, since he was found loitering around in front of the Hilton. On the way back, I try to give tips to the smashed guy to avoid a hangover, and he responds with this:
"I'm not drunk! See, hydrogen is H2, and water is H3O!"
We all laughed quite a bit after this. The rest of the trip wasn't quite as memorable, I took the other girls to their homes in Enfield, swung back around back to the after-party to pick up the last guys, and had to drive all the way to Wattle Park, uphill and really far along the Parade, and then back a bit to drop all the guys off at one guy's place. When I confronted them abolut petrol money, all of em forced the host to pay, and instead of money, he offered girls' numbers and MSN contacts. An interesting concept, although I'm not sure I want the girls' details given my recent bad luck with girls.
My dad complained to me later that day about the car smelling like alcohol.
In other news, I've been mentioned on another blog! I'm not sure what they're referring to, but the blogger states this (who will remain anonymous) :
"Why does sleep always elude the weary? I'm about to konk out on my sister's keyboard while she enjoys Chrono Crusade at my laptop. Oh well, at least I've got TSR downloading nicely. I've decided to collect from Bakakozou instead of Aone since it's faster... though I might switch to Aone once it's licensed... knowing how Aone does licensed and Bakakozou might not. BT is NOT my friend... it's slowing down the bots on IRC so I can only have IRC going while I've got BT paused. Well, I can only get the latest two TSR on IRC cuz the others are off the bots so I guess I'll just live with it..
And my god... Henry, if you're reading this, I'm not turning into Nightbringer I swear! It's just I've been download deprieved all semester and I'm erm... catching up. Yeah, that's it, catching up."
I've been wondering just how the hell they're "not" turning into me ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment