Monday, July 28, 2008

Running afoul of the law

I got done by a speed camera earlier today. That will mean it's been a month since the last time I got done by a speed camera, and a week since I have run afoul of the law in general.

What happened the week before

I had done some grocery shopping in the city, around the Central Market. In a hurry to get back home, and pack things away into the fridge before I headed off to a Toastmasters meeting, I got pulled over by a couple of cops. I figure they just wanted to pull someone over for the sake of exercising the power, because honestly, how on earth would they be able to spot someone not wearing a seatbelt in a moving car, particularly if it was moving faster than 30kmph? $250 for not having your seat belt on, that is just revenue raising.

I have to wonder though ... two traffic offences in as many weeks is either incredibly bad luck. What is the world trying to tell me? I've been pondering this question most of the day. Both times I got it because I wanted to be in a hurry, and decided to flout traffic rules for expedience's sake. Perhaps it's a sign that I should slow down, enjoy life more.
I figured I already did that, but ... what, to just take it easy, stop and smell the roses?

No comments: