Thursday, August 25, 2005

Watch yourself in the dark

I had a rather eventful day yesterday. The highlights: a prac going overtime and a power cut. That's right, a power cut.

I was working last night about 7:30pm when suddenly, I hear a hum and every single powered item in the house goes off. That's right, EVERYTHING: my stereo, the TV, even the lights. I wait about two minutes, there's a hum and power comes back. Then immediately, there's a third hum and then everything goes off. After realising that it's not a power spike or anything, I decide to go downstairs and investigate what happened. Thank god for the PSP with the bright screen. I picked it up and used it as a relatively effective torch, helping shine light so my parents could whip out the candles and light em, as well as the heavy-duty torch, which was given to my brother. I had great fun, spending the next half hour sneaking up behind my brother and scaring him, placing my hand on his shoulder and making him jump. The parents decided again on a rather early night, leaving my brother and I to chat about crap (from the sex jokes in some of Shakespeare's plays to the rather nasty prank he and his friends played on someone else involving a picture of a muscly, naked man and the poor victim's locker). Incidentally, the power came back about 11pm, in the middle of my playing Fire Emblem on my DS.

The prac was rather boring, so I won't inflict the details on you. Nevertheless - long, boring prac. I hope there aren't too many more like that during the semester.

1 comment:

Tman said...

Haha that's one way to look at it.