As an aside, we also played Texa Hold'em Poker - I got rather lucky the first, winning at first, but then got my chips bled away -_-
Day 2
Not too much went down that day, we got up nice and late (I was up first at 10am). After I had a disastrous attempt at cooking pancakes, Bob took charge, cooking some nice ones for breakfast. We spent most of the day playing card games, coming out in the late afternoon for some shots at a target with Bob's air rifle. Amusingly enough, Henry, being the rabid anti-Bush revolutionary that he is, wanted the target to be Dubya himself, drawing up a small stick figure and labelling it GWB. What is more amusing is that somehow, we managed to put air rifle pellets through both the head and the groin:

I think we spent the rest of the night watching DVDs like Van Wilder or Super Troopers, chowing down on spaghetti and sipping wine while we were watching Futurama. Ugh ... I hate wine.
Day 3
Ahh ... a nice Thursday morning. Nice and fine, we decided to head out to Victor Harbour after a hearty breakfast of cornflakes. We ended going around Granite Island, where the majority of my photos were taken.

This is Jits here, looking like he wants to try cordless bungee jumping.

I'm sitting here with a nice week-old stubble

The guys minus me (I'm the photographer)
After a nice, brisk circuit around Granite Island, and back and forth the groyne (hehe, love that word) sticking out of Granite Island, we went into Victor Harbour town for lunch, dining on some great fish and chip fare. We then went over to the beach at Port Elliot, walking along the path and down to the rocky shore. We chilled there for a bit (literally - the wind was picking up rather quickly and we were getting spots of rain), and some photos, we wandered back to Ian's car and then went back to the shack. The rain threatened another night fire, but despite that, we came out. Henry and Jits went fishing, while Bob and Ian fired the air rifle some more, this time seeing if they could get it into an LA Cola bottle.

This is what Ian would look like if he was LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) a Counterstrike game. Note that you should replace the air rifle with something bigger, and the expression on his face with something approaching maniacal killing intent.
We went back inside a bit after, playing card games until we settled down to a nice dinner of tacos. And then we brought on the night festivities! At first we had problems getting the fire going (I think the wood was still a bit wet), before Bob came out with the trashbag filled with the last two/three days' worth of accumulated garbage, simply lobbing it, bag and all, onto the fire. It certainly got the flames going for a while.

Bring on the drinks!

Our attempt at a Vodka Sunrise with crappy blue cordial, expired orange juice and vodka. Bob dubbed it a Vodka River Murray, and I agree wtih him. The green-tinged glass probably didn't help either.

Henry was persuaded to scull almost two thirds of a bottle of vodka. It's unbelievable. Those of you who know him, do you think he really did?
By about 10pm (unbelievably), I was blind drunk, and feeling rather queasy. I had downed in the course of that night: a quarter of a shot glass of port, three tequila slammers, two shots of Ian's kahlua-vodka-tequila mix, one vodka river murray, and I forget what else. I stumbled back into the house, sitting down to ease my queasy stomach, before coming back out and attempting to play soccer on the deck and then falling down flat on my ass feeling sick. I think I managed to drag myself to bed and then fell asleep by 11. I am told that Bob attempted to rouse me by smashing a pot/pan with something else next to my ear. I won't say anymore - the rest of my night involved getting up, getting a drink, going to the toilet, then falling asleep for a while before repeating the process.
Day 4
Having recovered from the drinking the night before, we started cleanup. After cleaning up the shack, we had about an hour to kill before taking off. So we played golf. Not quite, but we took turns trying to do a Happy Gilmore and whack golfballs as far as we could. The goal was the river behind the shack. It is much harder than it looks to hit a golfball. We kept missing a lot first. And then Jits smashed it into the river.
Soon enough, it was time to leave and return to Adelaide ... and reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment