Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pubcrawl ... 2006

Man, what a long time - I've been meaning to post, but in the ensuing chaos, I haven't been posting as much as I should have.

The biggest thing that happened to me in the last few weeks was going on the Biotech pub crawl.
It technically started at the East End Exchange, but everyone knows that the Exchange is a hole, so there was no way I was going there - particularly after last year's crawl started there, and the "pub-night" we had there later in the year. So I ended up turning up at PJ O'Brien's, where I looked around and noone I knew was in. And they were trying to have the World's Greatest Shave at the back of the pub. Unsuccessfully.
However, some people knew me - I met some of the international students from Malaysia who had come over for second year (like last year's). I could only remember a few names though:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/PJOBriensgroupphoto.jpg
Sorry, but Imageshack is misbehaving and refusing to let me post on other computers, so I've switched to Photobucket while I try to figure something out. Anyways, the other guy is Adrian, and the girls, well ... I can't remember their names :( - I knew that their names sounded fairly similar - there was an Emily, a Julie, a Kirstey, among others. I remember the name of the Indian girl though (Deb, I think it was - I remember because she was Indian, and you remember Indians quickly because they aren't usually that common in Adelaide). That photo does NOT have the most flattering shot of me. Amusingly enough, that was a take 2. Being taken in a crowded pub, someone happened to wander by the moment the camera took the picture, so we had to scrub it and repose for a second one.

Moving onto the next pub - the Crown and Anchor. I swear (and I've mentioned this to several people), the Crown and Anchor is a goth pub. There were so many guys there with beards and piercings, as well as black items - make-up, clothes, etc. There, I met up with my friend Tom, a third-year Biotech student, who was clearly already rather pissed (in the drunk sense). He had come with a group of his own friends as well. One rather amusing highlight, was one of them mentioning who he'd like to do - one of my friends, incidentally whose boyfriend was also nearby. It was absolute gold; he was so embarassed he kept apologising profusely for the next ten minutes afterwards, while we cacked ourselves.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/TomandFriendatCrownandAnchor.jpg
Me, Tom and Evan at the Crown and Anchor. Rather crowded place, the Crown and Anchor was.

Moving on, things really started up when we went to Mansions. I swear, as with last year's pubcrawl, that was where I drank too much and got really pissed. Last year it was because I was actually wearing one of the pubcrawl T-shirts (dyed a nice, feminine robin egg blue; I liked this year's one much better - "BEER + BEER + BEER + BEER + BEER + BEER = *Image of Ralph Wiggum picking his nose*), so I was the designated drinks getter. Of course, I was allowed to use other people's money to get myself drinks, as well as refill my drink from the jugs like everyone else. Hence, I got drunk rather quickly after downing too many mixed spirits. This time, it was one: A continually refilled glass of tequila Split. I bought a cup, Tom bought two jugs - one for himself and one for his mate Andy. Nicely enough, he continually refilled my drink during the time we were at Mansions, and I think I must have gotten at least 3-4 glasses worth of tequila split out of that. Meanwhile, while waiting for his shot at the pool table, Tom was enjoying himself heckling the current players, with cries of "You suck!" and "What kinda f*cked up shot was that?" and the like.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/TomchuggingatMansions.jpg
Here we have Tom chugging his jug.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/AndychuggingatMansions.jpg
And Andy attempting his.

Staggering out about 10:45pm, we headed out of Mansions and over to the Griffin's Head, the beloved drinking hole of the Adelaide-based Internode Games Network crew, where I met up with Adrian and the girls again - this time with a few more. I managed to persuade most of the girls to have a Cowboy, which they liked, and then went on water - I was really feeling the effects of the tequila now ...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/PimpshotatGriffinsHead.jpg
You all know my face ... I don't know the name of the girl on the far left, but the middle one is Deb again, and the one next to me I think is Leesh - a nice girl who had just turned up to the Griffins Head.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/Meand2girls.jpg
Another shot with some of the other girls at the Griffins Head

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/MeandAdrianatGriffinsHead.jpg
Adrian and me - I had a lot of fun doing the rabbit ears thing on Adrian's head.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/TomattheGriffinsHead.jpg
Tom, looking pissed as ever - I think he got more drunk in between the time I left him at Mansions and the time he arrived atthe Griffins Head.

The last port of call was the London Tavern, on North Terrace. I took some happy snaps for posterity:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/GirlswalkingthroughRundleMall.jpg
The girls having a group shot in front of the fountain in Rundle Mall

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/nightbringer360/Photos/MeandLiciainRundleMall.jpg
Me and Leesh having a photo in front of the fountain

More on what I did later ... when I feel like posting more.

No comments: