Well, my exams finished today last week ... and I was free. Or so I thought.
I believed I was free to do whatever I wanted to do (within reason - I'm not going to become an arsonist simply because I don't have to study for nine months), and had even planned out parts of my first few weeks of freedom. They were quite complex plans:
Thursday 29th - Sleep in, play World of Warcraft, work at night
Friday 30th - Go to work from 9-5, go out with cousins from interstate at night
Saturday 1st - Work 9-2, go to friend's house, bum around, go to another friend's BBQ, then go clubbing
Sunday - Lazy day in
Monday - Work, then go to the gym after work
Tuesday - Work, go home @ 4, play, sleep
Wednesday - Work, go home @ 4, go to gym, cook dinner, play, sleep
Somehow, things went pear-shaped.
Thursday and Friday went by nicely enough, particularly Friday night.
One of my cousins on my mum's side was in from interstate (Victoria, Melbourne, of all places!) for a few days, and not having seen her in a year and a half (along with another cousin I don't keep in contact with much), I decided to party. We went out for karaoke, along with some other cousins on my dad's side - including my boss (she works under my dad), making reservations at a well-known karaoke place on Hindley street. We get there at the appointed time, and what do you know - you need ID to get in. My long-lost cousins didn't have ID, so we ended up cruising Hindley street for another karaoke place - about five to six hundred metres down the street.
We sing there, have lots of fun (one was when we did Love Shack, and I somehow managed to spank my boss), and gross out people by singing love songs at the other guys. The best one though, was for some reason the Backstreet Boys songs we sang (Everybody and As Long As You Love Me), being old school songs that I remember knowing waay back in year 6. Others included scaring family with how high my voice can go while singing the Bee Gees' "Staying Alive," and trying to do the YMCA while making an ass of myself.
We went to that pancake house off a side street of Hindley street after - loads of fun. The night ended with me taking the long-lost cousins back to their place, in Parafield Gardens. Walking to the carpark, I play games with them, seeing who could stuff a napkin down the other's back the best, and generally acting like a horny git - acting like they were the guy and I was the girl. The scary thing is that I'm more silly when I'm sober and it seems less when I'm drunk - at least that's what I've observed.
I end up getting lost trying in Parafield Gardens during the stormy night after dropping them off, driving around aimlessly for about 15 minutes before I find myself back near Tea Tree Plaza. Good thing too, I was scared that I'd spend the night lost in the hills of Parafield Gardens.
Saturday came and went - people wanted DVDs of stuff from me, so I ended up bounding out of the house to my car in the morning and back in because I forgot the DVDs. Having no time to hunt out cases to store them in, I just stuffed the whole folders into my car boot (the aforementioned spanked boss wanted House seasons 1 and 2 from me, and a friend wanted some DVDs of his returned).
I get ready for the friend's BBQ, and then find out enroute that it was Friday night, not Saturday night. Looks like Lean Cuisine for dinner, and then a bit of me-time before I headed off to Soul Bar.
Not too much happened, although I did meet a couple of cute Japanese girls who were studying at Adelaide Uni.
A note here - the shop I work at is going through a shop refit, so the whole place is (as of this blog) a big mess, so I pretty much spent most of the day at work each day shifting things - be it glass panels, boxes of stock, or mounting brackets - from one area to another.
Tuesday - I wake up, it's 9:55am, and my shift starts in five minutes. It's a half hour drive to West Lakes. You can do the math. Somehow, to punish me for being a half hour late, I have to stay until closing time - an extra hour. The boss claims she needs me here, but towards closing time, I spend more time hovering around the dispensary looking for work to do or waiting for her to finish with the computer so I can jump on and surf the internet.
Wednesday (today) - more of the same, it seems - shifting stuff around, serving people, generally being the hired labour and shifting things about. Ugh, somehow, moving all that glass today makes me feel like I've been working out at the gym - that combined with having to shift heavy-as boxes of brackets around.
Here's to keeping my sanity intact as I work the rest of the week up to Sunday. It should be all nice from here - no more 6+ hour shifts.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment