We finally hit the magical 50th post ^_^
In the past three weeks since I've posted, I've been doing a fair bit of stuff. This month has seen things really coming together for me. I stated before that I was trying a soup diet, involving nothing but the soup and lots, and lots, of exercise. The first time, I didn't do as well due to things such as an unexpected barbecue three days in and generally being tempted by biscuits that my brother was eating.
This time, things are different. Despite it being September, noone has any birthdays on (although many of my friend's friends have their birthdays this month and he doesn't like that), and I don't have to worry too much about buying gifts. Crunch time came and went, and I have spent a huge load of money on the trip (granted the others paid their contribution, but that is still a large chunk of money >_< ). It should be a very memorable trip, and I hope to bring back many photos. After a hard week of dieting and exercise (5 of the 7 days I was on the diet!), I have discovered that I am now down to a nice, slim 80kg. I have really noticed the change in myself - I've dropped two pants sizes from a ballooning 38" waist to a slimmer 36. If I push things, I can get a size 34, but then the legs in jeans would be stuck to my legs, which don't seem to have shrunken as rapidly. I read something interesting a previous issue of Men's Health magazine recently - supposedly if you lose weight around the waist and groin region, there's this pubic pad of fat that shrinks as well. If that shrinks, something else gets longer ;) It's been a lot of fun shopping for smaller jeans - I feel much better in general. In all, something of a landmark for the year I think - I am now actually lighter than my brother.
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gah, spam comments before me :-/ Anywho, congrats on the weight loss, it has been a constant battle throughout my life and at the moment i'm on the losing end of it. Hope yours continues :)
Alyra
Post a Comment