Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fucked up shit

It's been a crazy day for me.

It started Friday night.
I come back to my car to find the battery drained. It's 2am in the morning. I am stuck there for almost an hour before the roadside assistance van comes along. I end up going to bed at 3:30am, and getting less sleep than I want for work the next morning.

I come into the mall, and buy a coffee to help myself get more energised. They seem to misplace my order, and I wait 15 minutes before I make a noise about it (I thought they were just busy with an order), and then I have to wait another five minutes before they give it to me. On the upside, I got a full refund as well as the drink.

I come into work, and it turns out I'd mixed my shifts. I thought I started half an hour later than I was supposed, and with the coffee mixup I'm 45 minutes late. The hater bitch at work continues to be bitchy, making snide comments about me and acting as though she's the boss and getting other people to find stuff for me to do when I had nothing to do. She's not worth my energy fighting, so I just ignore her.

It turns out that my 3-week stint of living independently and planned marathon of going out every night is scuppered, for my mum is coming back from overseas early. I call her after my shift to find out why.

She is crying really badly when I talk to her, barely coherent between the sobs. It turns out my dad had been cheating on her with a prostitute. She found SMS messages from her on his mobile phone. She is going on about "I want to divorce him" and all that shit.

I am unsure what to do now, because I know that life will be different once both parents are back from overseas.

What I do know, though, is this:

Tonight, I'm getting smashed.

No comments: