Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Matrix of Reality

To paraphrase Morpheus, from the Matrix:

What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room.
You can see it when you look out your window or turn on your television.
You can feel it when you go to work...
when you go to church...
when you pay your taxes.

It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
That you are a slave. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

I've just watched a movie called Zeitgeist. It's all about how people are being dominated and being enslaved to money, and becoming mindless consumers who work and be entertained.
It's bloody deep.
It claims that Sept 11 is a sham, that it was all actually staged by the US government in a great 'false flag' operation to propel the US into its current situation of war in the Middle East. That Christian religion is a hodgepodge of stories stolen from other mythologies, and adapted for a politically motivated end. That the international banking cartels are the shadow kings of the world, pulling all the strings to accumulate the material manifestation of power in this world: money.

Money is power.
Wars are started by and with money.
People are forced into servitude by money.
People are forced to work for the government, directly or indirectly, by choice or not. At least four months of the year, you work for the government - you wonder how, you ask?
Income tax.

The incredible advancement of television, the internet, radio, video and computer games, all designed for one thing - to entertain the masses. Even now, I think about the computer game consoles I have, and realise that they have one purpose: to entertain me, and keep me occupied and my mind considering totally mundane things like what to do next in the game, instead of something greater, something in the real world.
I think about MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, and I realise, that it summarises this perfectly - the poor schmuck playing the game is kept occupied, just grinding, doing the same thing over and over again, for some little graphical representation of loot, which means that they can take more hits, hit harder, and generally make bigger numbers when they do certain things. The very definition of what is happening to man these days. Just sitting there doing virtually nothing, letting their life go to waste and their savings and hard work be leeched away, $20 at a time. That's how MMORPGs work, and are profitable. They are a drug, nothing more, nothing less.

I want to break free of the Matrix.
I want to take the red pill, and disconnect myself from the umbilicals that tether me into the Matrix - the idea that I have to get a good job, save money for a rainy day, just sit and do nothing, make no waves, and just do what I'm told.
I want to do what I want, not what I'm told.

No comments: