Day six of my flu time and I think it's starting to get better.
Good thing too, because I've started getting really bored at home, and contemplating things like 'what's it all worth?'
One would think that I had plenty of things to do at home, but the reality can hurt sometimes. I got Infinite Undiscovery earlier this week. Lack of a map or walkthroughs, as well as being incredibly confusing and easy to get stuck at many times is giving me the shits. There's nothing really catching my interest to watch on TV, the internet to download.
Added to that, whenever I wake up it seems my throat is a nest of pain. Everytime I swallow it feels like someone's slashing at my throat with a cutthroat razor. I've developed painfully nasty, inflamed gums (probably from drinking too much of that honey-and-lemon concoction to ease the throat pain).
The unwanted extra free time, the daily diet of rice gruel and soup, as well as some things that have been happening in my personal life, have made me really wonder ...
What is life?
You're born, you grow up, you work, you spawn, and then you die. Everyone gets on this endless treadmill called life, and does this same thing, sometimes in different sequences, but still, it all goes in this sequence.
In the grand scheme of the universe, rather insignificant. Consider - in a universe of a million million galaxies, each galaxy made up of a billion billion stars, we are here, on one little blue planet in a surburban arm of nowhere, in a mediocre-sized galaxy called the Milky Way, going about our insignificant little lives, blissfully(?) going about our own daily little lives, believing in trivial matters like who makes the next footy grand final, the stupid, silly little facts on the Republican Vice President-Nominate's unwed daughter being pregnant, like they actually matter, in the grand scheme of things.
In the grand scheme of things, everything that happens on this mudball, in this pissy arm of a ho-hum galaxy is, at the best, irrelevant. Why should it matter? In a few billion years, the sun will go nova, expand, turn our little Earth garden into a charred ball of carbon, melted rock and burned metal, wiping out all sign of human life on Earth.
So then ... what really, is the meaning behind any of this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment