Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bahh ... bored

The first two or three weeks of the new year have been relatively uneventful. I haven't been doing much, mainly sitting at home either role playing on forums or playing Dragon Quest VIII. In between is some study for the MCBT supplementary that I'm supposed to be taking in mid-February, and sporadically I've been airbrushing my latest model.

I haven't been able to download much lately because now I'm about 1.5gb away from getting slapped back to 64k speeds - ugh, the horror of near dial-up speeds. And so they choose now to release all the good stuff - more Stargate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica goodness, Fate Stay Night anime, an extra two episodes for the Ah! My Goddess anime, the end of SHUFFLE! ... the list goes on. Blegh. I can't wait until Saturday, which I will spend downloading as much as I possibly can in 24 hours before I either get throttled back or it rolls over at the stroke of midnight. I can't seem to do much nowadays. My parents screamed at me for "wasting paper" when I printed off a guide to something for DQVIII. I paid for the paper, I can do what I like with it.

Now, for some reason, I have this hankering to play the Prince of Persia games. The new ones, mind, not the old, old-school ones I remember playing back when I was in year 2-3. Hopefully, it can fill the void that my life has been for the past few weeks. It'll be good once I hit March or April - by then I should have enough money to buy a real kick-ass laptop that I can hide easily. Of course, debt pay-offs and uni fees come first. This year, since I'm paying for myself, I have to apply for what passes for HECS these days, and then amass enough to pay the HECS. I can see where my Lunar New Year money's going >_<

Work can vary from great to horrible. I don't like my superior. She's an asshole. An absolute, power-hungry asshole. And I suspect she picks on me because I'm the boss's son, although that seems to have no difference at work. It's not like I threaten her position. I'm told that I'm the flavour of the month for her, but I doubt it. There are other new girls there. Honestly, no-one else seems to complain but her that I sit down while in between customers, and get off to greet and serve them when they come around. It still irks me when customers ask me for the winning numbers/ask if the tickets or numbers I gave them are winners. One thing I've been adopting the last couple of times at work are when they ask to make them rich. I scan their ticket, give them the "Your Ticket Is A Dud" slips and then tell them "You are rich ... in spirit." Honestly, when you have to try to hit up the lottery ticket seller for winning numbers, you have hit a new low.

I feel that I will be so much better off once I get out of the house and the restrictive rules imposed by the parents. I can do whatever I want (within reason) whenever I want. Because of them, I have this strange psychological conditioning that compels me to paint only at night, because that's when I know they won't come and bitch at me about the smell or destroying their house.

Man, already half the summer vacation gone ...

No comments: