Well, I had a pretty big(ish) easter weekend.
Thursday night
After searching around for the place my friend Charles invited me to for a poker night, I came to a really nice, ritzy place close to the Parade. Who should I meet there but a white guy (Charles' other friend), one of the 3rd year Biotechs, and a couple of 3rd year pharmacy people, including my (gasp) evil twin doing pharmacy!
For the last three years or so, in any lecture that is shared with pharmacy students, I haev seen this guy that I swear looked so much like me that he was like my twin. He was so like me - glasses, round shape, nice guy, wallet chain (but mine was bigger ^_^ ). He rather took exception to being called the "evil twin," though.
Anyways, we settled into a good game of poker. We each had to put $5 into a pot, and winner-takes-all. A long, 4 hour game of poker was what ensued. First the white guy raked in a huge amount of money, knocking out Evil Twin, and was dominating in the early game. Then Charles, over the course of about an hour, knocked him out. Then there was only me, and the other 3rd year pharmacy, a girl named Lee, left in the game with Charles. The 3rd year biotech who was there, Jin, acted as shuffler and dealer. This dragged on for two hours before I got knocked out :(
I had what I thought was a good hand - double queens. Charles bet cautiously at first (having the most money throughout most of the game), and then went all in. Thinking he was trying to scare me, I went all in as well. Wrong move. He had a straight, and I got knocked out.
We later spent part of the night playing eye-toy and DotA, before I fell asleep at about 4am. All in all, I had a lot of fun ^_^
Friday
Coming home, it was almost like I was sneaking back home after a night out. I freshened up, intending to study for a bit after some brunch. I never got to the study bit, instead ending up on the computer chatting to buddies from the US on MSN. Curse you, MSN!
That night, I ate out at Cafe Kowloon with those same friends I played poker with the night before (minus Evil Twin - he was going to Melbourne, and add some other people I hadn't met before). Lots of fun was had, and Lee's cousin Joyce was cute-as. She apparently was studying law and commerce or something in Melbourne, and in the first year.
Saturday
Nothing much happened, except working all day. I hate my supervisor.
Sunday
Family gathering on my dad's side, complete with all sorts of Viet food. In vietnamese we'd call these kinds of gatherings "di nhau," which I think would translate to drinking with friends, or generally having a good time drinking. Amazingly enough, everyone left early (about 10pmish), leaving my mum to spend the next couple of hours snarling at my brother and I for lazing around and playing all day instead of helping her clean up the house.
Monday
Nothing much today either - just clean up, and washing the "loan" Prelude.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment