I think I've grown somewhat in the last couple of weeks as a person. Both physically and mentally.
I was shopping around for clothes at the Tarocash store near where I work, and trying on size 38 pants, and the clerk asks why not try size 36 pants?
So I did, and presto, they were much more comfortable than the last time I cared to try wearing size 36 pants. The same thing happened with trying on a medium instead of a large. I'm now a rather large size Medium ^_^
This is definitely proof that my time at the gym has been time well-spent. I can't begin to describe the feeling of joy at the realisation that I could now fit into smaller clothes (not to mention being able to actually wear clothes that I could buy off ebay - Diesel brand gear is going pretty cheap when I checked).
I had a hair-cut last week - got it cut really short. Although my parents didn't like it, I didn't care. They never liked my haircuts since I started going to a new hairdresser way back in April. I went to the gym the next day, and got some good eye contact with some cute Asian girls at the gym - definitely a good sign, although I think it's more than just the haircut.
I think that I'm changing in a way - becoming more the authentic real me, the me who doesn't take shit, who isn't afraid to voice my mind, and the me who does whatever I want, and to hell with the consequences.
A few interesting things happened the last couple of weeks. For one, while I was at work the weekend after AvCon, my mum came in and cleaned my room (uninvited, I must insist), and discovered some of the gourmet pocky that I had bought at the convention. She tried some, and loved it so much she ate some more. Then when she finds out that it costs $5 a packet, her stingy side comes in. She says she wouldn't buy it, but I would, so she'd be willing to eat candy she wouldn't pay for. Moocher.
Another thing that happened with said moocher was that the Wednesday after my paycheck came in, I bought some nice, fashionable (and expensive, but on sale so it's okay) clothes. I come home, take said clothes upstairs, and guess what she asks me?
Her: "Did you buy some for Andrew (my little brother)?"
Me: "WTF you talking about?? Why should I have to buy expensive clothes for him??"
Her: "Because that would make you a good brother."
What kind of brother goes out and buys expensive clothes for his little brother? Particularly since he has no idea of said brother's fashoin sense? I'll tell you. A friggin sugar daddy.
Something amusing that happened earlier today was some interaction I had with a customer. Now, I don't particularly like my job too much, but the one thing that stops driving me insane from sheer boredom/tedium is the social interaction between customer and shop staff, the power relations between the two, and what I can get away with saying to customers. Since we're just coming out of a Lotto megadraw, I've been amusing myself by reading the prize money amounts to customers in cents intead of dollars. So it would go along something like this:
Me: *scans ticket, machine says is a winner* "We have a winner!"
Customer: *Eyes widen in surprise*
Me: "You have won ... two thousand, seven hundred and sixty ... cents."
Customer: *deflates at the mention of cents*
And now back to plotting that merry dance across eastern Australia ... I'll end with a Japanese quote:
人生 は 冒険 - Jinsei wa bouken (translated - Life is an adventure)
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment