Being somewhat a japanophile, I also have developed an affinity for Asian girls. Not too bad, considering I'm Vietnamese and therefore it doesn't seem as unnatural as white guys. I've been reading the latest entries on a diary by Azrael, a fellow who's living in Japan and teaching English. They provide a huge amount of humour, and a good reason why I prefer Japanese literature to Australian free-to-air and ... aw fuck. My crappy lappy has started chugging. I think it's a sign that I've either finally finished downloading something big on Azureus, or I've left the laptop on for too long (usually the latter) and it needs a reboot. And the results are ... cool, finally finished the 6gb download that is the entire series of Azumanga Daioh. Although I wonder whether I should have simply bought the DVDs, since they came with a little booklet with little notes on the little cultural things western gaijin wouldn't understand.
Mmm ... The Tsubasa Chronicle OST was just released onto the internet by Nipponsei. I love it. I love all of Yuki Kajiura's work, especially her work from .hack//SIGN (the gateway and still the best) and Xenosaga Episode II. The music from Tsubasa Chronicle is just as good, especially "A Song of Storm and Fire." At least now I have something new to listen to, after the last couple of months of j-rock and j-pop. Hmm, the dance style music from Initial D looks like a good bet, especially after my mp3 player somehow wandered from the Z Gundam music folder to Initial D. I swear, that iRiver has a life of its own sometimes. If I leave the thing to play by itself for several hours, I come back about an hour and a half later and it's playing something far away from the folder I'd expect it to be playing music from.
Mmm .. maybe some more internet browsing and then I'll watch some anime or something. Maybe it's time to finally break out that Galaxy Angel S2 DVD and actually watch it. Now that I think about it, I haven't touched the Gundam SEED, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Samurai Champloo DVDs I bought a while ago either. Of course, I've already seen those series fansubbed, but I bought the DVDs so I could watch them again. *sigh* too little time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment