Do you ever have any of those moments where you're just cruising along through life, and then the moment seems to just freeze, and the moment seems crystallised. And then it's at times like that that you think to yourself 'This is enjoying life, and its simple pleasures.'
I get that moment a lot, particularly when I'm driving. I think it's mainly because my car is the symbol of my freedom. When I'm in it, I can go whereever I want, free as the wind. I had one of these moments a couple of weeks ago. I was driving down to my friend's place, in the late afternoon. A particular song was playing - Days by FLOW - and then it just crystallised for me: I enjoy things like this. Cruising along, feeling the wind on my face and through my hair.
I think it's a sign that I enjoy my life, and have at least, some satisfaction with it.
Good things that happened today:
- I picked up the Japanese novels I ordered online from my friend's place (he receives stuff for me), and had a quick look through. It should be interesting going through them with my Japanese teacher. I wonder how much kanji I'll pick up.
- My iPod Classic came in. Despite what some people may say about iPods, I'm still loving it. I don't know why, but somehow I figured that someday I'd have an iPod, so in a way that prophecy seems to have been fulfilled.
- Last episode of Summer Heights High. Damn it was poignant. I'm glad that Jonah got his revenge in the end though, tagging everything throughout the entire school. I'm sure that the school will have a good reputation with a huge, hand-drawn penis on its rooftop.
- Despite resistance to the contrary, I managed to make it to the gym again and work out, working up a good hot sweat. 15% body fat here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment