Monday, October 22, 2007

Stop Press

I was going to write about my ideal day, but unfortunately something has jarred me off course.

I was in a car accident.
And this time I was the 'instigator,' as unhappy as I am to admit it.
I'd just turned onto North-East Road, and spotted my brother at the bus-stop. I figure I'd swing over and give him a lift. It would have turned out great - my brother gets a lift to university, I get a kick out of being a caring big brother. All would have been great.

I hit a 1991 Holden VN Berlina. It got set careening down the road onto the nature-strip on the footpath, and crashed into a tree. Fortunately, the driver wasn't hurt, and the car was damaged, but still largely usable but for the smashed headlight. The damage to 'mah baby' was a large dent around the front-left wheel, and some paintwork that could be polished off later.
The guy in the Berlina was a pretty cool dude about it, and hopefully by this time next week we'll have it all resolved.

Despite that, I should stay positive.

Good things that happened today:
- Only have to write a page on current treatments for HIV and a paragraph on simian HIV for my group Commercialisation of Biotechnology project. Go me, easy stuff.
- Was able to find out more about the JET program, including what to do if you're going to graduate, but can't present an academic transcript and diploma by the end of application time.
- Worked out hard at the gym today, sweating away 35 minutes of hard interval training. I was in a real sweat by the end there. Interval training all the way!
- Finally got some motivation to actually start working on some of my Gundam models that had been sitting away gathering dust - I finally tackled my MG Gundam Mk II v2, building the body and the feet.

No comments: