Hello to you all from, Reims, where I have landed for the day. It was a lot colder today, considering yesterday was actually rather a nice day, with the sun out and all.
After sleeping for what seemed like an eternity last night in our small Parisien hotel room, we left this morning for Reims, aboard the TGV. Despite the fact it promised a quick trip to Reims, it still took about two hours. During this exciting train trip, I fell asleep and drooled on mself. I checked my scarf when I got off the train, and there was still a small string of drool on my scarf.
Henry and I spent the morning wandering Reims, sampling Reims chocolate, which kicks ass, and we also visited the Notre Dame de Reims cathedral, which was undergoing restoration work. It was interesting to see the differences in architecture between Reims and London, particularly Westminster Abbey.
The visit to GH Mumm winery was a very interesting experience. We learned about the history of the champagne house, how they make champagne, and most important of all, how they remove the dead yeast from the champagne so that the booze doesn't taste like dead bacteria.
I have decided that in France, since so many cathedrals open to tourists seem to offer those €2 medals, I will start collecting them. Let us see how big the collection gets by the time I leave France.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment