After visiting the Life Sciences precinct out in Thebarton today and seeing what work is available, I've decided ... it's not for me. I don't want to be stuck inside a lab all day, 9-5, doing research. I don't want to be a worker drone who functions as part of a cog in the assembly line of a biological factory pumping out active ingredients for drugs.
Not to mention that the precinct is on the same street as a bikie fortress.
I walk down the side-street to the first building, and to my right there is a big fence with barbed wire, locked doors, keep-out signs, and a huge, black gate with 'FINKS MC AUSTRALIA' emblazoned on it, complete with security cameras in the courtyard as well. Doubtless while the biotech companies are manufacturing pharmaceuticals of a therapeutic and medicinal sort, the Finks are manufacturing pharmaceuticals of a far different kind - recreational.
I've been thinking more and more about the kind of life I want to lead. It's one of freedom. One where I don't have to worry about working hours, where I dictate the pace of work, and where I work.
The life of a share trader is looking more and more interesting. The market is a volatile, unpredictable beast, so I imagine it'd be more exciting than sitting in a lab and geeking out over the latest discovery in interferon-alpha receptors or the latest process for developing monoclonal antibodies. I get to work where I want, and I can take different approaches in how I want to conduct trading.
Good things that happened today:
- Got talked out of potentially wasting $6000 on enrolling in a HomeTrader course, since it seems that I can get most of the information free
- Worked up a real sweat at the gym today. I was so sweaty, it was like I had actually been running in the very wet weather we got in Adelaide today.
- Took my first steps towards becoming a shares trader - seeking advice from friends, and picking up a good book to further my education.
- Finally took the plunge and picked up some Hydroxycut. I've been going without a fat-burning supplement for the past week or so now, so it should be interesting to see how things go once I start on Hydroxycut as compared to Musashi's Mega Fat Metaboliser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I reviewed the Cochrane library of meta-analysis for weight loss and in a population of Type 2 diabetics fluoxetine (Prozac), orlistat and sibutramine showed only a mild effect but had significant side-effects like vomiting. Studies of the "natural" supplements were excluded because they didn't meet the strict quality criterias. I think it's clear therefore that if you're paying a lot of money for those supplements it's better spent elsewhere.
Many of the endocrine doctors now recommend Weight Watchers. The food is a little more expensive but you're not buying snacks and fast foods in the meantime. They also offer a lot of psychological support and constant weight monitoring.
Post a Comment